Skin Concerns and Your Options
With our unique guide, you can find the best skin care treatment for your specific condition. At our plastic surgery clinic on Boston's South Shore, we provide effective, non-surgical med spa procedures to safely treat a variety of common skin concerns. These treatments are great on their own or as complements to a cosmetic surgery procedure.
Bear in mind that all skin is unique. The best way to determine which treatments are best for you is to consult a professional. To speak with Dr. Guenther or Deborah, our licensed aesthetician at our med spa near Boston, request a consultation using our online form, or call Coastal Plastic Surgery at (781) 740-7840 (Hingham), (617) 306-3175 (Back Bay), or (508) 901-9239 (Nantucket) .
- Flash Peel: This peel uses the power of glycolic and salicylic acids to diminish acne and brighten skin.
- VI Peel: Vitality Institute's VI Peel is a versatile treatment that targets a variety of skin conditions, including acne.
- Spa Facial: Our spa facial uses a customized blend of Sothys® products to clean and soften skin and do extractions.
- Ultrasonic Facial: This unique treatment uses ultrasound waves to extract impurities and deep-clean skin. A microcurrent delivers antioxidants deep beneath the skin for extensive hydration.
- Vitamin C Facial: Facial massage and extraction are used in tandem with a 30% vitamin C peel to cleanse skin and give a healthy glow.
- Fraxel® DUAL laser: This laser treatment that targets deep layers of skin stimulates collagen growth to reduce the appearance of acne scars.
Body and Facial Hair
- Waxing: Our aesthetician offers a variety of waxing services, including facial, body, and bikini waxing.
- Candela GentleLASE®: This laser treatment can be performed on any area of the face or body for longer-lasting hair reduction.
Dark Spots/Sun Damage
- Candela TriVantage® laser: This powerful laser penetrates deep into the skin to fade dark spots and improve the appearance of sun-damaged skin.
- Fraxel DUAL laser: The Fraxel DUAL laser uses microscopic laser columns to reach the deep layers of skin where hyperpigmentation starts. A Fraxel DUAL treatment leaves the surrounding tissue intact, speeding healing time.
- Obagi Blue Peel RADIANCE®: The Obagi RADIANCE peel uses salicylic acid to accelerate cell turnover and reveal a beautiful, even complexion.
- VI Peel: Vitality Institute's VI Peel uses a proprietary combination of retinols and vitamins to fade sun damage, and it can be used in conjunction with laser treatments or injectables.
- Spa Facial: Tailored to your specific skin type, our customized spa facial uses Sothys products to gently cleanse and intensively hydrate dry or damaged skin.
- Ultrasonic Facial: An ultrasonic microcurrent deposits moisturizers and antioxidants deep beneath the skin's surface to produce hydration from the inside out.
- Vitamin C Facial: Your skin is treated to gentle massage, extraction, and a healthy dose of vitamin C during this refreshing facial, leaving it hydrated and invigorated.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport®: These popular injectables temporarily improve the appearance of lines. BOTOX is best for forehead lines and wrinkles, while Dysport is often used for frown lines.
- Injectable fillers: injectable fillers use special, safe ingredients to actually fill in wrinkles and add volume to cheeks or lips. Their effects generally last for several months.
- Fraxel DUAL laser: By using microscopic laser columns, the Fraxel DUAL is able to target specific areas of the skin, leaving the surrounding areas untouched and speeding healing.
- VI Peel: Using a special blend of retinoids and vitamins, this versatile peel softens lines and wrinkles and restores a youthful appearance to damaged or aging skin.
- Obagi Blue Peel RADIANCE: This salicylic acid peel is strong enough to reduce the appearance of fine lines.
Melasma (Dark Patches)
- Fraxel DUAL laser: The Fraxel DUAL laser's ability to target very small areas of pigmentation makes it a popular and effective treatment for melasma and sun damage.
- VI Peel: This peel's powerful blend of ingredients can reduce or eliminate discoloration, including melasma.
- Candela V-Beam® laser: This laser uses micro-pulse technology to eliminate the pigmented lesions it targets. Effective at treating rosacea, port wine stains, facial veins, and poikiloderma.
- Seaweed Facial: The sea minerals used in this relaxing facial reduce inflammation and ease the appearance of redness.
- Ultrasonic Facial: Antioxidants and ultrasound energy used in this facial restore more even coloration to the skin.
- Candela GentleYag®: Laser skin tightening with the GentleYag heats the collagen below the skin's surface, causing the skin to contract. Some improvement may be seen immediately following treatment, with full results taking up to 3 months.
- TCA or Phenol Chemical Peels: These stronger peels reach deeper levels to tighten the skin on top. They require more downtime than lighter peels but produce significant results.
- Flash Peel: Glycolic, salicylic, and fruit acids work in tandem with one another to exfoliate and resurface skin, clearing blemishes and restoring even tone.
- Microdermabrasion: The tiny exfoliating diamonds used during microdermabrasion smooth and resurface skin to even tone and enhance the complexion.
- Fraxel DUAL laser: This versatile laser treatment can target areas of uneven tone or texture and promote collagen growth to smooth out the skin.
- VI Peel: This peel's proprietary blend of retinoids and vitamins tackles a variety of skin concerns, clearing skin and evening tone.
Various Conditions to Treat at Home
- Skincare Products: Our aesthetician can recommend a skincare regimen for you to follow at home to treat a variety of concerns including sun damage, dry skin, uneven tone, and signs of aging. We carry medical-grade product lines including Obagi® and SkinMedica®.