The fine lines, wrinkles and loss of facial volume that come with age are often manageable without the need for facial plastic surgery. Dermal fillers provide an effective and often long-lasting remedy for the symptoms of facial aging. We offer a range of dermal fillers at our Boston medspa to meet the unique needs of our patients.
Discover how you can look your best with dermal filler injections at our skin care center and medspa in Boston. Request a consultation online with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Dax Guenther, or call us at (781) 740-7840 (Hingham), (508) 901-9239 (Nantucket), or (617) 306-3175 (downtown) to speak with one of our team members today.
Before-and-After Photos of Real Patients
|This woman wanted to improve the appearance of her lips. Dr. Guenther treated her with JUVÉDERM and Restylane, and she is shown 2 weeks after receiving the injections. View additional patients in our photo gallery.|
Injectable fillers can restore a youthful appearance to your face without the need for surgery. These safe products can correct a number of issues, such as:
- Diminished volume in areas such as cheeks and lips
- Shallow scars
- Wrinkles and fine lines
Dr. Guenther's expertise in the use of fillers allows him to customize treatments based on the needs of each patient, getting natural-looking, long-lasting results in procedures that can be completed in less than 15 minutes.
Advanced Techniques & Options
Dermal fillers come in a variety of formulations designed for conditions of varying degrees. Dr. Guenther will work closely with you to determine which filler or fillers will work best for your particular needs. We offer the following injectable fillers:
- JUVÉDERM®: This injectable gel made of hyaluronic acid (HA) is designed to smooth away moderate to severe lines and wrinkles, such as nasolabial folds and "smoker's lines" around the mouth. It's also a good choice for lip augmentation.
- Restylane®: Also made with HA, Restylane treats the hollows under the eyes, in addition to moderate to severe facial wrinkles. It can also give lips a plumper appearance.
- Perlane®: Perlane is a clear gel formulated with a higher concentration of HA, so is better suited for larger facial folds and creases than Restylane.
- RADIESSE®: This gel is made from calcium hydroxylapatite, which, like hyaluronic acid, is a substance naturally found in the body. It is useful for treating deep wrinkles around the mouth and cheeks with results that generally last longer than similar fillers.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic: Sculptra stimulates the production of collagen, which gives skin its smooth, youthful appearance. It is useful to restore volume to all areas of the face.
- BELOTERO BALANCE®: This soft, cohesive gel is an HA filler that gets immediate results after being injected into moderate to severe fine lines, especially around the mouth.
Generally, fillers are injected beneath the skin using very fine needles, and a local anesthetic can be used to alleviate any pain. The injections are performed in the office, and patients can return to their normal daily activities soon after treatment.
Healing & Enjoying Your New Look
Because injections of this nature are minimally invasive, discomfort is minor and recuperation is extremely quick. Many patients will see immediate results that last for several months. Some patients may also benefit from complementary procedures such as BOTOX® and Dysport®. Daily use of prescription-strength skin care products can enhance and even prolong results.