Since its launch in 2010, Instagram has influenced aesthetic trends as people posted photo after photo on the social media platform. Instagram influencers shaped opinions about beauty and, ultimately, “Instagram face” became a cosmetic goal for women worldwide. We can create this look for you by combining fillers and BOTOX® Cosmetic at our Boston practice.
In your quest for Instagram face, though, it’s vital that you choose an expert injector who understands both facial anatomy and the precision needed with injectables.
Instagram Face Defined
The phrase “Instagram face” reflects the appearance of many women who are considered influencers on the social media platform. The selfies these celebrities post often spur trends that their millions of followers around the world want to emulate. The most notable features of Instagram face are pouty lips, smooth-as-silk skin, and a wide-eyed appearance.
The injectable treatments used to create the desired look vary depending on the area of the face. Here’s a look at the procedures used for each treatment area:
- Forehead: BOTOX is well-known as a way to minimize existing forehead lines. In recent years, though, we’ve used it as a preventative treatment for patients in their 20s who want to delay the development of fine lines and wrinkles. Often called “baby BOTOX,” the procedure involves using smaller doses than those used for older patients.
- Eye Area: We use fillers such as JUVÉDERM® and Restylane®, along with BOTOX, to produce a lifted appearance for eyebrows, reduce crow’s feet, and diminish dark circles under the eyes. The elevated brow and wide-eyed look produced by these treatments are key to Instagram face.
- Cheeks: Prominent, sculpted cheekbones are another hallmark of Instagram face. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® is an ideal filler for this area because it is approved by the FDA specifically for restoring volume to the cheeks. And remember, high cheekbones were associated with beauty long before Instagram.
- Nose: If you’re bothered by the shape of your nose, nonsurgical rhinoplasty can help. These techniques using injectable treatments produce temporary changes for a contoured nose without the need for recovery time.
- Mouth: Fillers explicitly formulated for lip augmentation, such as Restylane® Silk and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA®, can create the sensuous, pouty look that is essential for Instagram. Don’t worry, though; we take a conservative approach to avoid results that are overly plump and unnatural.
- Chin and jaw: A well-defined chin and sculpted jawline are on everyone’s list of desirable features, not just those looking for Instagram face. In 2019, JUVÉDERM introduced VOLUX, the first filler designed specifically to treat the lower face. It can change the shape of the chin and jawline for up to 18 months. You may also consider CoolSculpting® as a nonsurgical fat reduction treatment to reduce the appearance of a double chin.
Combining these treatments with quality skincare products can create the Instagram face that will wow your friends and followers. It takes a provider with the expertise and training in using injectable treatments to produce excellent facial contouring results. That includes both Dr. Dax and Courtney Hoffer, our nurse injector and aesthetic specialist.
The best way to understand how nonsurgical procedures can create the appearance you want is to contact us using the online form to request a consultation. Or give our Hingham office a call at (781) 740-7840 to schedule an appointment.